Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Stampin' Up! Gently Falling


It's a new week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Jen B, who is seriously HILARIOUS, is our sketch designer and hostess this week.  I admit to being a bit perplexed by her sketch when I saw it, but I really enjoyed working with it when I sat down to make my card.  I think the entire design team rocked it out this week!  Be sure you go by the blog and check them out.  


For my card I decided to use some of the Sweater Weather DSP.  I haven't used nearly enough of it and we are already hitting 38 degree nights here in Texas.  That means red and green will be dominating soon and I need to enjoy the fall colors before it's too late!  I paired the paper with some leaves from Gently Falling, a greeting from Banner Greetings (hostess), and a bit of woodgrain embossing.  I think it turned out nice.  :)  Jason keeps telling me I am always too hard on myself and never have confidence, so I'm trying to change that up by actually admitting that I do like some cards I make.  lol

Stamps:  Gently Falling, Banner Greetings
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla, Sweater Weather DSP
Accessories:  Neutrals buttons (retired), Linen Thread
Tools:  Big Shot, Woodgrain TIEF

Cats and kids love the same "toys."  Laila took the box away from Bandit and got comfy.  :)  

10 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jason! Keep telling her that. It's true! You are so wonderfully creative that my coffee hour is not complete until I've stopped by to see what you've managed to whip up while Little Miss naps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should take Jason's advice because he's right! Your card is gorgeous. Can't go wrong with these warm colors and a leaf or two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh yeah.....I'd say it turned out more than "nice"! That Jason knows what he is talking about! Love those falling leaves - beautiful fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colors and patterns on this pretty fall card! Laila is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is absolutely lovely Rita! I love those leaves and I love the colours you've chosen! You are too hard on yourself!!! Why am I so hilarious?!!! I'm glad I can make you laugh!!! Think of how much fun we would have together in person!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful creation.....you never disappoint! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gently Falling is one of my very favorite stamp sets. Beautiful card! Adorable picture of Leila in the box! Thanks for sharing your lovely ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous Rita - I'm totally loving those gorgeous fall colours and your little leaves are the cutest! More than a nice card Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great fall colors and a great fall card! Our trees have been gorgeous for the last couple of weeks and the leaves are really falling now! I love the photo of Laila in the box! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)