Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Freshly Made Feathers


It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Karren created this awesome one for us this week.  I think you can interpret it a few different ways and I'm hoping she doesn't mind what I did with it.  lol  Every time I see a project with feathers I think "Feathers?  Really?   I could never use feathers on a card."  Sounds like a challenge, huh?   When I saw the sketch I totally went right to the idea.  I had a file for my Cameo that I hadn't used yet and it totally worked for what I needed.   Yay!

Island Indigo and Pool Party is one of my most favorite color combinations of all time.  I love it.   I am such a blue girl when it comes to making cards.  My sentiment looked so, so wrong in the top corner (ask me how I know...made this card twice!) so I did move it to the bottom.   It just had to happen.


This is how I know she's mine.  Nosy.  lol  We've had a rough week again already.   I really struggle with her and it seems to be getting worse.  I think part of it is my mental state and part of is the insanity that is toddlers.  I am hoping my doctors have some ideas for the depression/anxiety that's going on.  Too bad I couldn't get appointments with either of them until April.   Not good, but what can you do?  

14 comments:

  1. Love your use of feathers and color choice. It is a wonderful card and I like the sentiment on the bottom too!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Awesome card,Rita!! The colors,the feathers...perfect!
    What a cute picture! I hope everything will be ok again soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The feathers are fabulous! Love them! And she looks so cute peeking through the fence! Wish she were my neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like your take on the sketch! Your card is simply elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there! The three's and four's were worse for us than the two's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The feathers are perfect for this sketch! Hang in there. I know you can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry that you are still having issues and hope that your doctors can help you overcome or at the very least help you to learn to get along better until you can conquer it all. Have to say that your card is WONDERFUL....love the colors as well...perfect design! Loving the pic of Laila at the knothole in the fence....soooo cute and she seems so intent on seeing the other yard....! Take more deep breaths....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the feathers and I love the blue. I'm definitely a blue girl too. Great take on the sketch, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those feathers are just fantastic, Rita and I adore that color combo too. This card is a real stand-out. Hang in there - hopefully April comes round really soon for you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita, this card is stunning. I love the use of the feathers and the colour combination is just perfect. I completely agree that the sentiment just has to go at the bottom!! Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card Rita! Those feathers are fabulous! Such a creative take on Karren's sketch! Love the colours! I think that's one of my favourite combinations! Laila just gets sweeter! The toddler stage will be over soon enough....it's a tough one while you're in it. Jacob was a nightmare for us as well but now he's such a sweetie. Hoping this coming week is better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every time I see the pictures of Laila and how much she's growing up, I wonder how you have the time to stamp and blog! God bless you, girlfriend! And, even more, to have the talent bursting out of you like you did in this card. I love the feathers in place of the panels. Very created and very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd say these feathers work! They look totally amazing on your card Rita! LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is so striking an handsome and I know how you feel about sentiment placement. You chose a perfect spot!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)